Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Debra Shore Reports for Duty

Here's a lovely photo that arrived in my in-box recently.

The pro-water conservationist Debra Shore has been sworn in as a Commissioner at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. She's on the left and a fellow Commissioner, Pat Horton, is on the right.

Shore and Horton now help oversee the largest fresh water natural resource on the planet. Shore is making how we manage our storm water - better known as our drinking water -- the vital topic of environmental interest that it should be.

She writes in her newsletter:

A month ago, I was sworn into office and began work immediately. (For a look at the remarks I shared at my installation, go to debrashore.org/remarks.html).

Last week I was named chairman of the Research & Development Committee and the State Legislation & Rules Committee. I’m also Vice-Chair of the Stormwater Management and the Municipalities Committees.

Stay tuned. I bet there will be more good news coming from her way for years to come.

No comments: