Allerton Building - Main Building
- Built in 1893
- Designed by Boston architects Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge
- Renamed Allerton Building in 1968 after long-time Trustee
- Collection now needs to be "resintalled"
- Architect for reinstallation is Vinci/Hamp
- Built in 1962
- Just south of the Allerton Building
- Architect not noted on AIC website
- Collection now needs to be reinstalled there, too.
- Architect for the reinstallation is Workshop Hakomori Yantrasast (wHY)
- Due to open in 2009
- Designed by architect Renzo Piano
- Will add 65,000 square feet of exhibition space, a 30% increase
Please, please, never ever any "MoWi" OK?
Photo Courtesy of the Art Institute of Chicago. The image is of a "flying carpet" sunscreen planned for Piano's addition.