- Ms. Smith rung the bell of my home while out canvasing the neighborhood. She was kind enough to share her opinions about her positions and fill me in on the latest news from the campaign front as she sees it.
Somewhere in the midst of the conversation, my two-year old daughter, who I was holding in my arms, stuck both fingers in her ears while Ms. Smith was talking. It was like a page out of Politician Training 101. Mom was mortified. The candidate was diplomatic. The daughter thought she was very, very funny.
- Mark your calendards now for April 9. Vi Daley and Michelle Smith will appear on Channel 11's Chicago Tonight. This is great news as I think Vi Daley did herself a real disservice by avoiding the show during the first go-round. Good for her for stepping up to the plate. This opportunity will serve the community well, and I'm guessing it will be the only opportunity for voters to see the candidate's side-by-side.
- My new favorite high school student in the ward, Jake CP, who is Chairman and Host of Jake's Chicago Politics, has endorsed Michele Smith for alderman. Jake formerly backed Tim Egan, but did not join him when Egan threw his support to Vi Daley. He's my new favorite high school student, not because of who he's endorsing (remember, I'm truly neutral in this race), but because it's just so exciting to see someone his age get knee-deep into his local politics.
Here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_a8jVOXMg Enjoy.
- Inside Lincoln Park reports that Smith received the endorsement of the IVI-IPO organization and the Fraternal Order of Police, Chicago, Lodge #7
- Meanwhile, an abbreviated version of Tim Egan's letter endorsing Vi Daley without the Bill Kurtis murder part (which I've previously posted here), arrived in the mail on Vi Daley letterhead with Egan's name on the envelope.
- My in-box has been pretty quiet from Team Vi. Other than an invite to join her team for to march in the St. Patrick's Day, I don't have any other updates for you. Please post if you know of some.