Wednesday, March 07, 2007

No Word from Tim Egan's Camp - FYI

Although Tim expected to make a statement on Monday about his intentions for the run-off, I'm guessing that life has intervened and he's taking the time he needs to be with his family right now. Or, perhaps he's mulling over how he'd like to proceed. Maybe both.

I'm sure he'll let us know what's up when he's good and ready.

UPDATE: Here's the March 5 statement from Tim's campaign site, but that does not overtly state his plans. Anonymous, who posted about Tim's plans, obviously believes s/he knows something I don't. That, of course, is entirely possible.
3.5.07

Dear 43rd Ward Supporters & Friends,

The experience of running for 43rd Ward Alderman over the last two years plus has been more than wonderful, it has brought me friendships that will last a lifetime.

We all have great memories that will also last a lifetime.

I was prompted to run for Alderman by neighbors, friends and family because they believed my hospital administration and community service background would be perfect for the office. My run had the purest intentions and although the outcome was less than perfect for our team, we are energized by the positives.

We put out an army throughout our campaign; an army made up of 43rd Ward residents, business associates, charitable organization friends and even those I played sports with and against. More importantly, our team was bolstered by my family. More cannot be said about the support of the dedication shown by my wife Marlena. I could not ask for a better partner, mother to my children and friend.

Then there are my brothers. We three Irish siblings have lived up to legend by being the best of friends and the toughest of opponents. But true heart was displayed at the 2626 N. Lakeview polling place throughout the day on Tuesday, Feb. 27th.

My 44 year old brother Terry played the roll of poll watcher for our team and did a great job keeping an eye on things. Three weeks ago he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and my family thought it best to keep it from me during the election. My brother, facing the abyss of a disease with no proven cure, worked like a champion.

Heart, as I've said, is the greatest of life's characteristics and with my brother in the lead our campaign showed plenty. There are many "thanks" to be passed around and they belong to those who stuffed envelopes, made phone calls, labeled, placed door hangers, hit the streets and so much more.

Our "team" and our "army" were unmatched, from friends who helped financially and to those who dedicated much of their free time; I owe them all a ton of gratitude.
And to the almost 1,100 voters who believed in our message and our vision for the future,

"THANK YOU!"

That said, we're not done. My heart is dedicated to community service and my hope is for great things to come in the 43rd Ward. Please keep in touch and keep visiting our website, we're keeping it going and we'll keep promoting safety and community involvement.

Thanks once again and I look forward to seeing all of you throughout the run-off election in April and at all the 43rd Ward neighborhood functions right around the corner. See you soon.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As expected Tim Egan has endorsed Vi Daley.
WHAT A SURPRISE. Media knows already.