Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vi Daley vs. Michele Smith: The Battle of the Tough Cookies Begins

Wow. Wow. Wow. I did not expect a run-off in this ward (or Matlak's). I just thought the machine would roll along, indifferent to the voices of those not in charge.

Any way you look at it, last night was a big loss for Vi Daley and a big win for challenger Michele Smith. More people voted against Vi than for her. And, any way you look at it, more debate in this ward about our future direction is a big win as far as I'm concerned. The status quo needs a bit of re-examining, and the run-off will get us knee-deeper into it.

Will Vi be able to convince the ward she deserves to keep her job or will Michele Smith prevail in her bid for change?

Pass the popcorn. This is gonna be a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has either Smith or Daley released a statement today? Couldn't find anything.

J R said...

I e-mailed both campaigns today and heard back from just one of them. They said they were working on something for "the papers." I have not heard from the other campaign. My guess is that both camps are heavily into strategizing today. Or catching up on sleep.