Wednesday, February 04, 2004

PLEASE STAY ON THE LINE FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE FRITO-LAY REPRESENTATIVE

FL: Good afternoon, Consumer Affairs, this is Linda.

TPWWL: Hi Linda. I am trying to figure out where the Cheetos I’m eating today were made.

FL: Okay, I can tell you that. Under the price -- I just need the first three numbers.

TPWWL: 419

FL: That was made in Frankfurt, Indiana

TPWWL: And, how many factories do you have in the country?

FL: Well, we have different products made in different plants.

TPWWL: How many are there total?

FL: Well, some make crunchy Cheetos, some make baked Cheetos, so it depends on the product.

TPWWL: Oh. So, crunchy Cheetos just come out of Frankfurt?

FL: No, there are other plants that make it.

TPWWL: So, you can’t give me a ballpark of how many Cheeto factories there are?

FL: Are you doing a report or something?

TPWWL: No, I was just curious.

FL: Okay. Hold on a moment. (Counts) 15.

TPWWL: 15 for crunchy. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

FL: May I have your zip code?

TPWWL: 60614.

No comments: